|Ways You Can Help|
Walk with us!!!!
Send me an email today to let me know you’d like to participate. I NEED YOUR HELP! I would *love* to surpass last years’ total and strive for $20,000 this year! We CAN do it ~ but not without you!!! THANK YOU for your support!
There are many, many fundraising ideas that can generate a lot of funds for the cause ~ store pin-ups, a penny-per-gallon donation at gas stations ~ almost anything will work! I have a lot of ideas ~ contact me to find out more!
~TO BE AN “ANGEL WALKER”~
1. Sign up on the official CFF Great Strides website as a walker.
2. Once registered, you can access your Fundraising Toolkit and print out a sponsor form to track your donations. (Make all checks payable to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation ~ remind them it is a tax-deductible donation ~ and if they ask for a receipt, make sure to keep a note with their donation and the Foundation will send them one. Any donation over $75 will automatically generate a reciept.)
3. Ask your friends, family, neighbors, coworkers, etc. for a donation. Remember, every amount counts.
4. Get your donations to me when it’s convenient for you, but I MUST have them by Wednesday, May 14th to turn into the Foundation. (We can still turn in donations after the walk.)
5. Have fun! Ask me if you have any questions or if I can help you in any way, please let me know. I’m so honored you have decided to help us!
IT MEANS SO MUCH TO US TO KNOW THAT YOU CARE!!!!
Send me Your Recipes
An ongoing project of mine is to compile and eventually publish a cookbook… all profits to benefit the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. I am looking into having it professionally printed, but need to make sure the interest is there to offset the cost of doing so… This is where I need your help ~ I need more recipes! Many thanks to everyone who has already submitted them to me ~ your contribution is greatly appreciated. I’m really looking for those delicious recipes that your family enjoys. I prefer to have thememailed to me, but will certainly accept written submissions as well. Make sure to include your name on the recipe and if you happen to have anything special to write about it, that’s great to include as well! Thanks!
Attend CFF Fundraisers
There are various events throughout the year that raise money for the CFF. Besides my involvement in Great Strides, I’m also the co-chair for Wine and Roses every October. I plan a yard sale every May and donate all proceeds to the walk.
By making a personal donation “In honor of Allison Grace Woodhouse” you are participating in the fight against Cystic Fibrosis. For every donation made in Allison’s honor, we receive a special letter from the Foundation saying that you have made a contribution (they do not disclose the amount). I am saving all of these letters for Allison to see as she grows older so she can know how many people are out there fighting with her. If you would like to make a donation to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, please mail your check (made payable to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation) to:
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Greater Michigan Chapter ~ Western Region, 551 36th St. SE, Grand Rapids, MI 49548
Local phone: (616) 241-2100 Fax: 616-241-2101 Toll Free: (800)968-1050
Or you can also donate online through their website atwww.cff.org; please be sure to indicate the West Michigan Chapter when making your donation. Thank you!
LOOKING FOR SPONSORS!
I am currrently looking for people who wish to sponsor the cost of our shirts and the printing for Great Strides 2008! If you can help in any way, I would really appreciate your generosity! Email me! Thank you!
Visit www.healthybeans.comto see the entire selection of beanies that we often have for sale. Work in an office? These cute little critters sell like hotcakes! Let me know if you’re willing to sell some of this furry friends to help out our team! Most are only $5 each and about half of each sale goes directly to the foundation. We have made literally THOUSANDS of dollars off these little beanies (THANK YOU MANDI!).
CARWASHES & BAKE SALES
Remember, every little bit helps. Let me know if you have an idea or if you would like an idea to hold a fundraiser on your own. There are so many things we can do! Thank you!